Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fallen Star

My love was a mountain. A fortress. A burning passion that could not be tamed. His love for me a weapon to defend what we had created. His eyes were like diamonds. Strong and fierce. His passion held his position in the sky. I followed without caution. I knew he would not lead me astray.

Suddenly, his eyes did not shine. And his passion turned to the blackest black. His strong hands turned to a cold shoulder. Then I watched as he fell to ground. Its a strange sight to see a fallen star. To see what once was and what now is. What once was bright and fruitful now laying dead and lifeless at my feet.

My eyes that once burned like a raging fire for him now smoldered to a simple flame. He looked up at me in hopes that I would see the man that he once was. All I saw was a fallen star.

No comments:

Post a Comment