Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Friday, JANUARY 16, 2009

My dad came down from Tennessee. It was supposed to be my Dad, my brother Adam, and my sister Mikala but Adam had some school activities he had to attend so he couldn't come down. I thought they would get here at 12pm but I should have known with my Dad. lol. They ended up getting to Hattiesburg at 9:30 am. They waited for a while to come to my house because Tyler was still in school. I think they came over a little after 12pm. Anyway, My dad ended up telling me that he had invited a bunch of people to my house to stay the night. Naturally, I was a little freaked out because we don't have that much room here and I was a little worried with just my dad's three. Plus our heat is screwed up so we are using portable heaters and I was afraid that any extra company might freeze to death. It ended up not being too bad though. It was just 3 of my cousins from his side of the family. Mariah (13 yo), Lexi (12 yo), and Riley(9 yo). Around 1:30pm My dad sent me to pick up some groceries for dinner. He ended up making chicken and dumplings, macaroni and cheese, English pea salad, and deviled eggs. While I was out I decided to pick up Tyler from school. He was excited to see Mikala since I had forgot to mention to him that they would be coming down. When we got home my dad showed me how to make chicken and dumplings which was a lot easier than I had thought it would be. Dustin usually gets home from work early on Fridays but there was this huge thing that happened that day so he didn't get home until after 5pm. After dinner, Dad left to go get the kids. They were all going to see Twilight that night. I just figured that I would be able to get in bed early since I had been up since 5 am and they were going to the 9pm movie. Haha...no. Somewhere between my dad offering to pay for mine and Dustin's tickets and offering to keep my 3 kiddos, I got talked into taking them. I had been wanting to see Twilight again anyway. It turned out to be a lot of fun. The kids were really funny. And they were very respectful. I usually don't like other peoples kids because they sometimes can be brats. What? Well...I'm just saying! Anyway, After the movie I was a little wired. I had eaten a few pieces of reece's pieces and drank a Dr Pepper. I usually don't eat a lot of chocolate or drink a lot of coke. So add in the not much sleep and I was pretty much your average drunk person. Well, a loud and obnoxious one anyway. When we were leaving the theater someone honked at us and when I got a better look I saw that it was my mom. My mom, Aunt Marcia, and Loriee had went to the movies that night as well. We went over and talked for a minute but it was freezing cold out. As we were leaving the parking lot my mom ended up getting behind us and honking really loudly. It scared the kids in the car and I realized they didn't know it was my mom. SO I rolled down the window and started screamin' stuff like "What's your problem, Lady?" and "Don't make me get out of this car cuz I will!" She started yelling back. It was pretty funny. And the kids were freaking out. Anyway, we got this random idea to go to walmart and buy another heater. I was afraid that the kids would be cold. Haha...I'm so motherly. :) Walmart was hilarious. And that's pretty much all I can say about it. I pretty much do not need to go out in public after 11pm. Especially when I am that hyper. We made it home all in one piece thank God. So I got the kids settled in and Dustin set up their heater. After all that, I could not go to sleep. I ended up staying up the rest of the night watching a movie. Needless to say I had a huge headache the next day and did not want to get up at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment