Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm not ready for this.

So it's official. My Nana is dating Bill. He's a nice enough guy. But not only are they dating they are talking about marriage. WTFreak? Since when does dating lead to marriage? OK, so I know I'm being a tad bit irrational...but dang! I'm just getting used to seeing him in my Papa's house without cringing. And I'm still trying to deal with seeing them holding hands and giggling like a bunch of teenagers. I told her she better slow down and she said, "We won't do anything you wouldn't do." WELL, that's just freaking Great, NANA! And with that I told her, " Well, if you can't be good then you might as well be good at what you do." She giggled and I'm hoping it's because what I said was funny and not because she was agreeing with me.

I really am happy for her. It wouldn't be SO bad if she wouldn't have said the words "marry" and "February" in the same sentence. That just makes me feel sick. I really don't care what she does or who with as long as she doesn't do it in that house. I mean, if she wants to get married that's fine. I just hope she moves to a different house.

3 comments:

  1. I'm new here but YES its STRANGE...cause my NANA dates or goes dancing and if she said marry or "serious relationship" I would pass out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DH's grandfather is 'seriously dating' too. He's been for years now... and his 'lady friend' recently passed a comment to my mother in law (his daughter) ab a friend of theirs getting married now, i believe the man was in a wheelchair or something... and grandpa's lady friend said "why would she marry him? I mean if his equipment isnt even working any more .. why bother?!?"....

    Talk ab TMI! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...my. LOL! That would definitely be TMI!!! My Nana has been hinting a little towards those kinds of things but I just cover my ears.

    ReplyDelete